Monday, September 29, 2008

Run Forest! Run!

So, David's sister, Amy, is going to run a half marathon in February, and has challenged all of us sisters to run it with her. I haven't moved a muscle in years, but I figure I've got four months to train, so I may just take her up on it. I ran today for the first time. It showed me just how out of shape I am. My nine year old son, Ethan, ran with me. We left at 10:40 am, and got back at 11:05. We only went about 2.25 miles and it took us 25 minutes! At this rate I'll be able to finish the half marathon in just under four hours! It was the wrong time of the day to go running. It was stinking HOT, but there was a strong breeze that felt pretty good, until it became a dust storm and we were blinded and eating dirt. Baby steps. I'll work my way up. I'm just proud that I actually got up off of my big bootie and did it! We'll see how it goes.

* If anyone out here in the QC needs a running partner, I'm looking! I need to be accountable to someone.

10 comments:

ann said...

yeah meredith!!! I'm so worried about running tommorrow, but after reading that your doing it in the heat, I know I can do it! Thanks.

lesueur family said...

I'm so glad you are on board!

Kayla said...

I think you ran 2.25 miles faster than I could! I don't think I'd make it. Good job!

richnliz said...

Only in stinking QC Arizona would that happen.
Meredith I am going to send you the outline of the training that will help you get prepared for the BIG event. Your awesome!

richnliz said...

you know what I mean all the dust out there. I am not impling that QC stinks.

Jon & Sanja Jarvis said...

Awesome! I am impressed! It would take me that long to run the .25 part.

Katie said...

I'm proud of you. I don't run, however, If you could walk it, I'd be there with you. Good luck and keep training. If you have questions, Mike's trained for a marathon. He couldn't run it because of a stress facture.

Bre said...

Mery!!!! I love you so much...you are so stinking cute! i am way proud of you for going running...becuase I get winded just walking up to the Ricks building ( which by the way is like walking a really steep hill) but you are awesome and I love you bunches and bunches!
Love Bre

Laura said...

Holy crap Meredith I went to the Y yesterday and ran 1.4 miles in 20:00. I was feeling pretty damn good till I read this! Way to go girl!!!

Cheryl K. Hadlock said...

If I had a toe like yours I think I could make it a bit faster also. You should pattent that thing (ha ha) Also, you are gonna love the thing I am doing for your birthday!! I hope I can see the lok n your face when you recieve it.

Love Cher