Wednesday, September 17, 2008

David the Divine

When David gets home at the end of a long day of hard work, all he wants to do is just take a little time to kick back and relax, but the kids always mob him and want him to play with them. This is how he kills two birds with one stone. He usually gives Aidan a pen and lets him draw on his back. Aidan has a blank canvas to go to town on, and David gets his back scratched, all the while "interacting" with each other. Then, of course, Aidan wants a turn being the canvas. Don't be surprised if Aidan gets inked later on in life. Well, the other night Avery was playing in her make up when David got home, so this is how they spent a little time together.

Look at the pleasant look on his face. Doesn't he look so comfortable and relaxed? Everyone loves a facial! I love the color scheme Avery chose. The blue eyeshadow really contrasts with his hazel eyes. It also matches his periwinkle wrap (bedsheet).

And for the lips she chose a pink, shimmer gloss. David has big, full lips, so I think she was going for a more subtle look here. She also applied a pink blush to the apples of his cheeks. It goes really well with the scruffage of his beard.

She topped it all off with this beautiful, deep green, yarn wig that she fabricated herself with a bit of yarn she had been practicing her crocheting with. (Yes folks, she's not only a great make-up artist, she also crochets.) All in all, David was very happy with the results as you can tell by the big, cheeser grin he has on his face. He's such a good sport!

9 comments:

ann said...

I always knew david would make a beautiful woman, this just confirms it. Too funny! I'm sure avery will never forget that, and thanks to the miracle of photography neither will anyone else. Great post!
P.S. I miss the days when you used to comment on my blog

richnliz said...

I think when we were little we did the same thing to John but we had John wear a red dress. Good times good times!!

About Us said...

Too Funny!!! What a stunningly "beautiful" husband you have!
I laughed so hard when I scrolled down and saw your NKOTB post - I have one with the same pic on my blog :)

What a cute family!

Ra'Shelle

Jon & Sanja Jarvis said...

Sure it was Avery's idea...he looks like he has done this before. Ha! Ha! Gotta love dads that are good sports.

Diana said...

Remember the joke about the girl with green hair?

David IS a pretty woman and a good sport...and, when Aidan comes home with his first tats I hope he thanks his dad for the inspiration. ;)

Unknown said...

That is so awesome. I can't wait until Isabelle is old enough to do that to Joe, because I know that he wont let me do it.

Unknown said...

those pictures are like sweet hillarious! does that go? I love it!

richnliz said...

Sorry you are not feeling well Meredith. We sure did miss you today! :)

ann said...

ofcourse lunch was not the same without you. i just hope you are really coming in october so that i can get my meredith fix.