Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Day's Resolutions


At the beginning of each new year, most all of us make a few New Year's resolutions. Lose a few pounds, be a better parent, stop a bad habit, start new, good habits etc. I always mean well, but more often than not, I find that a week or two into the year I have already broken most, if not all, of my resolutions. In years past I've just given up and waited for the next year to roll around to make some new ones, hoping that "this will be my year", but I've come to realize that I actually make new "resolutions" every day. I want to try harder and do better than the day before. Let's face it folks... I'm not perfect. I make a mistake every now and again, and again, and again. I'm just glad that I can go to bed each night, and wake up to a brand new day, in the morning, that I can make better than the one before.

3 comments:

ann said...

So true. Are you still going to do the sedona half marathon? I really want to do it, I think it would be fun. Good for you for not waiting until next year to do better I think you are awesome just the way you are! Cheesy, I know.

richnliz said...

I love you Meredith! It is so important that we are always trying to improve. And when we think we are doing are very best we need to try harder. You'll be amazed at what you'll be able to accomplish with the Lord's help.

Cheryl K. Hadlock said...

I resolve to stop referring to myself as the MILF

Cher