Friday, October 10, 2008

My Marlboro Man!


In an effort to remain at the top of your "most recently posted" blog lists, I have been trying to post a blog every day! It's also a way to pass the time while I'm busy not cleaning my house, and neglecting my children.


I'm sure many of you are familiar with http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/. I know you are because I see it all over your blogs! On this sight the author of the blog, Ree Drummond, a country mom and housewife, shares her delicious recipes and beautiful photography, along with helpful hints and entertaining stories. It's my new favorite sight to go to. Growing up on a small farm myself, I'm a country girl at heart, and her pictures make me feel at home. She's living my dream life. Anyways, my favorite feature on her sight is "LOVE STORY - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". Here she shares the story of how she met and fell in love with "Marlboro Man", which is what she calls her husband. It has been so fun to read! She has the funniest personality and has done a great job of writing it. Every couple weeks she'll add a new chapter to the story. I started reading it the other night, and I couldn't stop! I'm all caught up now and can't wait for the next installment! It's worse than waiting for the next Twilight book to come out! I've always had a thing for those cowboys in their Wranglers and boots! Funny how I married a man who wears baggy jeans. I've always wanted to get him in a pair of Wranglers and boots! I think that's what I want for my birthday now! He swears he's not going to sing to me, so maybe I can get him to wear Wranglers and boots! It doesn't matter what he wears though, he's still my Marlboro Man!

5 comments:

ann said...

So have you made anything from her site? I'm going to try her peach crisp sometime this weekend. Yes, you do have your very own marlboro man! And he has his very own Marlboro bag, Love your post way to do it every day!

Dayna said...

I am trying to attach a site that has some cute halloween decor ideas. very cute! I know it's almost halloween but I am gonna go to the craft store and make them. let me know if you want to, maybe we can get together this week or next and make them. let me know if it doesn't attach. I couldnt get the link to attach but I think it is stephandtheboys.blogspot.com. see if it works,

Scott and Lori Kinzie said...

Hello Cousin!
I love reading your blog! You have the cutest family. Just wanted to let you know that I started a blog, check it out if you would like :)
-Lori

Jenn said...

Meredith,
Hi Its Jenn Eckles, now jackson! I had to say Hi, I saw your name on Brookes blog and You havent changed a bit! you have the cutes family! I hope you remember me! Its so great to see your doing so good!! :) Jenn

Carters said...

Hola woman! Yeah thats right you are hearing from me online(or should I say reading he he)I need you to update this blog since you know I am a true blog stocking fan of yours. I have had the internet for less than 2 days now and all I have to say is "Mommy wow I'm a big girl now!" This really rocks!