Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy Dearest


I hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was fabulous! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be the mother of my four, amazing children! I woke up to breakfast in bed - french toast and orange juice - made by Avery and delivered by Ethan. Aidan was in the wings, so excited to tell me about the present they got for me -- the softest, cuddliest snuggle blanket EVER! Three year olds aren't exactly known for their ability to keep secrets. I was also showered with homemade cards and pictures. Those are my very favorite gifts. So much time and thought was put into each one. Ethan drew me a picture of a crown with the caption "Queen for the Day". They sure made me feel like a queen. I wish every day was Mother's Day. After church we went to visit David's parents at his sister Kelly's house. The kids had fun playing Rock Band. We've got some talented little musicians there. Aidan just loves to dance, and boy does he have some sweet moves. When we came home, we made some grilled cheese sandwiches in the new waffle iron/sandwich maker that David gave me, to go with the stew that had been cooking in the crock pot all day. We topped the night off by watching the movie, P.S. I love You, after we put the kids to bed. All in all it was a pretty laid back, relaxing day.

No comments: