Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hangin' Tough


At first, when I saw the new music video, Summertime, by "NKOTB", New Kids on the Block for those of you who aren't familiar with Danny, Donnie, Jordan, John and little Joey-Joe, I about busted up laughing. I couldn't believe they were trying to make a comeback. I mean, they're a bunch of old men now, right? How can they still call themselves the New Kids on the Block? And if you've seen the video you'll understand where I was coming from. From the boyband choreography to their silouhettes posing every other two counts, it just seemed laughable, but then I found myself rewinding the DVR and watching it again. A little nostalgia was creeping in from the "Hangin' Tough" days back when I was ten years old, following the lead of my older cousin, you know who you are, and the neighbor girl who swore she was going to be the mother of Donnie Wahlberg Jr. I am a little embarassed to say that I am a fan of the new, "New Kids on the Block". Joey-Joe's not so little anymore.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I can't say that I've heard their new song, but I will have to look it up on iTunes or something. I LOVED them! Went to their concert in 2nd grade.

Jon & Sanja Jarvis said...

Back in the day, I too was obsessed with the New Kids. I went to their concert and vowed my undying love. I remember getting in fights with my friends, because I didn't think they liked them enough. We should start a fan club. New Kids Forever!!

Brooke said...

I LOVE their new song, and I am not embarassed to say that!!! Yes it is even on my ipod! Oh and did I say that they are coming in concert in November, yeah that's right! I didn't get to go when I was a kid (thanks mom & dad) I was probably one of the only young women in our ward that didn't go. Don't worry though Jenny Hodges (future wife of Donny) she was there. I think I watched their video more than a hundred times!!! How many times did you watch it with me? You were a trooper! Enjoy the new song "summertime" you know your bustin' it out when it comes on!

Katie said...

Could you make me feel any older than I already am? I fell in love with them in High School. I have a friend who is going to their concert in New England.

Can't say I've heard the new song, but I will look it up

Cheryl K. Hadlock said...

I was makin fun of you guys for listening to that crap while Lisa and I were jammin to Motley Crue and Def Leopard, and all the other big hair bands. Well I must admit I saw NKOTB on the Today show and they aren't too shabby. I was kinda diggin it. Cher